WHAT EPISODE IS ABOUT:
It’s the end of the school day for me, and I’m here in my classroom, I don’t have any windows in my room, so I decorate my walls with all sorts of student art work and mood boards from my interior design class, as well as other projects from interior design.
A lot of exciting things to have been going on.
I had mentioned before about being uncomfortable, and being uncomfortable is a good thing, but with that, in that uncomfortable-ness, I had an epiphany. It was a surreal moment for me because all of a sudden I was transported back into time when I was a ninth grader in high school myself, and my science teacher had us do a science project. And with that science project we were to focus on a career that we would be interested in.
My sole interest in that timeframe was, I wanted to be a DJ. I went down to Belview, my friend’s dad was the late night request DJ for our local radio station at the time. K-L-S-Y, and Peter said I could come in and watch what he was doing, and even take the microphone for a little bit.
This experience is kind of full circle for me, something that I thought I grew out of. And then I started my life, becoming a wife and a mom and then become educator. And throughout this whole growing process. a podcaster. This podcasting, I guess it didn’t just fall into my lap, I want to say it’s almost destiny. Could we say because of my uncomfortable-ness, I have been trying so hard to find leaders within FCS community, trying to find mentors within the FCS community, I have been trying to talk with so many people, just trying to get a better understanding of what and how important FCS is to our community, for all students and adults, and kids soon to be adults.
LEARN MORE ABOUT THE CONTENT DISCUSSED…
• FCS Podcast: https://fcspodcast.com
• FCS Tips: https://www.fcstips.com
• Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ConnectFCSed
• Twitter: https://twitter.com/Scully6Files
• Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/connectfcsed
• Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/connectfcsed
• It matters. And I have met some incredible people along the way, and I am so eternally grateful for them, but with that uncomfortable-ness, nobody hits the mark and encapsulates everything that I am looking for. (3:19)
• So really and truly from the bottom of my heart, I want to say thank you so much for all that you do and what you supply us. Because your resources make a difference. I walked into the classroom and I literally had nothing when I first started. (4:27)
• But I just want you all to know that you’re not alone in this, and I want to unify us, that is kind of my end goal. I want to unify all of our amazing resources that we have been given or we have created. I want to unify us because not everybody does social media, not everybody does one thing, so technology is a huge piece in this podcast. (4:57)
• I hope this podcast will give you the resources that you need to feel supported to feel heard because that is my end goal. (5:34)
• I want you to feel like you are heard, and that you are making an impact within your school, your students, your communities. (5:45)
WHEN DOES IT AIR…
May 04, 2020